Books

Friday, May 1, 2020

All Quiet... on just about every front

It's been a great week. Even with the weather bringing more migraines, my way. Why? Well, my second editing job came in and I got an inquiry from a third person. If it keeps going like this, I'm going to have to rearrange my working schedule. Which, honestly, is a great reason to make a change. Also, working on development edits like this feels very natural. I wouldn't mind taking a course to brush up on my other grammar so I could offer line edits as well. It's something that I'm going to be keeping in mind as I move forward. It would be nice to keep working from home.

Other than that, I have been working on my writing. I am about 2 chapters further on book four than I was before and I'm nearing the end. Maybe 10k more and it should be done. I haven't gotten my novel back from my editor yet, but I should have it by the weekend. After that, I'll be putting in my order for my cover. Of course, that means that I've been working on my back cover copy. This is literally my least favorite part of writing. Its all technical writing and it uses a different set of skills than writing a novel does. I have gone over this thing nearly 3 dozen times, playing with word choice here and there, tweaking and tweaking. I've got something I like... But I know I'm still going to have to go over it a few more times before it's finished.

In slightly more global news, some parts of Canada are looking to opening up again. This would be good news for most people as life could return to normal. Alberta isn't one of them yet, but we are keeping ourselves inside and safe, so hopefully, it will be soon. I hope all of you have more freedom coming to your areas soon as well.

That's it for me today. Hopefully, I'll have good news with my update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment