Books

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Setbacks are the Mind-Killer

Bleh. Okay, I have an update now, which is better than what I had before. The first program I grabbed had gotten really good reviews but seemed to show more and more problems as I tried to use it. I couldn't get the background to go transparent, which would have been fine since I'm actually drawing up a background for it. The more major issue was that I couldn't get the program to record audio at all. It took a lot of work to make sure that the problem wasn't actually in my headset. Once we did, I found another program, one that I'll have to pay for, but that actually tracks my movement better than the other one. On the other hand, from what I can tell it doesn't actually have a recording function. This means that I'll be downloading a separate recording program tonight and trying to learn it. 

So, what does this mean overall? It means that while I may have a steep learning curve to overcome, I should have a proper introduction up for next Friday. It took way longer than I wanted it to, but I can't wait to finally have it up and working for you guys. 

Now for the other part of the update. I came down with a cold this month. Nothing serious, but it came with migraines, which means I'm a bit behind on my goal. The most recent specific update is that I realized that I had two chapters that I had rewritten, before deciding that the scenes just weren't working. Both needed to be rewritten from scratch. In Frank Herbert's Dune, his characters say, "Fear is the mind-killer." As a writer, I would like to make a personal clarification to that. For me, Setbacks are the mind-killer. 


I can deal with my own minor issues but setbacks make me exceptionally aware that it isn't me I'm letting down, but you, my readers. So, be aware, I'm trying to kick my own ass into gear to get this novel out to your as quickly as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment