Books

Friday, October 9, 2020

Fall has Officially Begun!

Artober has officially begun! 

I'm doing well so far. I've finished 6 pictures, as seen below. I am counting the sketch of Towa as well as my finished, since they were not only done on different days, but also both were inked. 

While the bottom three are original drawings of mine, the top three are based on character designs by Rumino Takehashi. I may draw them each in my style later on in the month. 


So what else am I up to? Well, my last couple of days were a write-off. My hubby and I seem to have caught a minor stomach flu. I am already writing again and trying to get book 3 finished. I'll just stop updating until I have something concrete to share here. Hopefully, it will be soon though. 

Aside from that, I haven't been up to much aside from reading. One of my favourite authors, Annette Marie is releasing two books this month, the last two in this specific Guild Codex series, though there are two other side series in the works as well. I made the overall bad decision to read the entire series again to move up to these last books. Now, I have another 3 books left to go before I can pick up the new books and its kinda killing me. No spoilers if you've read them yet! Not that I mind spoilers, but its just polite to wait a few weeks before you start dropping them. 

Oh, which reminds me. As part of my language studies, I have picked up a few children's books in Japanese. While I am making a lot of headway learning how to say, "my Asian studies class is on Thursday at 1 o'clock" I wanted to start learning more basic words. What better way to do that than with a book that you would read to children. Other than a few hitches (the language being used is all the casual form, not the polite form I'm more used to), it's been going well. I am currently translating しろくまくろくま which translates as "White Bear, Black Bear". It's a fun story if a bit creepy (as is the way with most children's stories, if you look at them) and I'm having fun going through it and writing down the vocabulary in an attempt to learn. 

What have you been getting up to? What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment