Books

Friday, August 21, 2020

When Words Collide Still Has It

 It does not feel like its been a week since WWC finished. And even though I wasn't presenting this year and it was only online, I still finished the weekend tired and happily exhausted. The presentations were very informative and I will admit, as much as I love being up in front of people presenting along with everyone else, it was really nice to have an easier weekend where I just got to attend things again. I got a chance to talk to more than a few of my friends that I haven't seen in person since last year. 

I have new ideas on where to take my novels, promotions I want to run, and different media that I'd like to explore. I have a lot of information I want to look over and listen to again. In addition to those, because it was an online event, I didn't have an hour's long trip home and could afford to stay late and chat with everyone. We talked ghost stories, met new friends, and got to reconnect with the old ones. Hearing Mark Leslie read one of his short stories was wonderfully creepy. I love a good ghost story and he provided. 

The rest of the week passed in a tired blur, as it always does. Today is the first day I was able to get right back into the act of writing, though I have been doing research on a few of those ideas that are percolating. And I will say that the chapter I'm writing is turning out wonderfully. It's for Fox's Facade and a Kuzunoha chapter. Its a discussion between her and a new character introduced in this book. I'm not sure how long this new character will stick around, but he's interesting to me, more so than he was the first time I wrote him into this story.

In fact, I'm currently taking time away from it to write this post. So, I'll cut it here and get back to work getting that next book out to you faster. 

Please remember, if you haven't gotten a chance to put in a review for Hunter's Gambit or Lord's Curse, I need those reviews to get my novel seen and into other people's hands. As of Friday when I checked, we still only had the one (and allow me to thank you so much for your kind words in that review) but I can't wait to see what the rest of you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment