Books

Friday, August 14, 2020

When Words Collide 2020

 This weekend isn't going to be what I wanted it to be. 

Why? This weekend I was supposed to be attending When Words Collide. I had a great solo panel I was going to give and I had signed up to be on two or three others. I was particularly excited because it was going to be the first solo panel I ever gave at one of these events. That panel has now been moved to next year when, hopefully, Covid-19 will be nothing more than a memory. 

As good as that thought is, it still doesn't quite make up for the fact that I was supposed to have all that this year. 

One of the new add pictures I created. What do you think of it?

That said, the people at When Words Collide haven't hung anyone up to dry. They have planned out a full weekend of fun and free panels available online. I am not going to be on any of them, but I am more than looking forward to hanging out with everybody at them as a spectator. 

I have looked over all of the panels and there are more than a few great ones. Most of mine this year are focussed on the business side of writing since my goal this year is to try and treat this more like a business than a hobby, but the ones focussed on writing look amazing as well. It makes me wish I could be in multiple places at once. 

So, if you're going to be hanging out online for WWC this weekend look around and you may just see me hovering somewhere. If so, come by and say hi! There will be digital hugs for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment