Books

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Hunter's Reveal; Part 3

I have a very diverse cast in my novel, but I didn't want to create all new names that simply sound like ones from the cultures each person in my book is based on. Instead, I chose names that came from our world! Despite that, only one or two of the characters have common English names, with the rest having Japanese names, one Germanic, and one is actually a Romani name. 

However, one of the characters does break this tradition. She has a parent from two different cultures, and no matter how hard I searched for a name none of them seemed to work. Instead, while looking for names I created an entirely new name for her based on a few names I found that had similar names and sounds to them from the base languages. Her name is Isashi.

Other names in my Story

Kuzunoha - Japanese
Himiko     - Japanese
Richard     - British
Deckard    - Germanic


No comments:

Post a Comment