Books

Monday, October 1, 2018

Start of Inktober & an Update

     Sorry that I've been gone so long guys. With my head, taking so long to heal, I pretty much dropped the ball on everything this year. Or if not everything, then a lot. I stopped posting online at all for quite a while and slept and healed and worked whenever my head allowed me to. I took the time I needed and forced myself to heal. All of which means that I'm back at it... and that I've had a lot of life changes to go with it.

     First of all, I am no longer working at my day job. They laid me off when they decided that my position was no longer required at the company. And while that is a very life-changing change, it wasn't as out of left field as you might expect. They've been telling us at our company for years that certain positions would be disappearing and they told me nearly a year ago that my position would be one of the ones that are disappearing. That said, its a completely different thing being told "your position will be going away soon" and actually not having to go to work anymore. After I found out, I took some time off from writing to adult, figure out where I was going and what I was doing. My plan is currently to take a few months off and actually start making a business of all the creative art stuff I do. The point of this is to see if I can work from home without a day job effectively and get things done. 

     Which leads to my second interesting update. I will be publishing very soon, this month or the next. It will be a single short story, out hopefully before the end of October, but it may end up being a little bit later than that (my editor just bought a house and isn't taking commissions for the next couple of weeks). I am going to be looking into covers for it and I will let you know as soon as I have an update for the date. My first novel will be coming out, hopefully before mid-December. I am nearly done with my first pass on the second novel in the series and will hopefully be under my editor's eye sometime in November-December. I have also written a dieselpunk novella that will be coming out sometime in the new year after I've had a chance to edit it. The important thing to remember in all of this is that I will be publishing soon. Keep an eye here, and I will let you know when I am finally releasing everything! If you'd like a more direct way to get noticed, please send me an email at inkedfoxpress@gmail.com saying so and include the email address you'd like to be notified at. I promise I'll only be using the email to send out updates when I'm actually publishing something. 

     And finally the start of my title... #Inktober is finally here! For those that don't remember, I kinda took part of #Inktober last year. The idea is to try to use only ink to make works of art for the entire month of October. Last year, I didn't manage to get it finished every day, but I did manage to get 18 or so drawings up, most of which were done with Copic markers. While Copics are still my favourite medium, I have also branched out to watercolour and most recently India Ink. Here is my first offering this year. 

     I think that's it since this update is already way longer than I wanted. If you think I've missed on mentioning something, please let me know in the comments below and maybe I can do a full post on some of them in the next month or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment