Books

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Hella Fun Movie Week

 It has been a hella fun week. I've been writing and watching B-movies with my husband. Constantine from 2005 was still a blast to watch. Good tone and sets, good actors, outdated effects, and the most overplayed script you can imagine. It was super fun though. I think Keanu Reeves will always be my Constantine because of it. We also watched one of the new Alien movies; I can't remember the name, but it starred Olivia Munn; an actress I always enjoy watching. Even she couldn't save this movie though. It went right past B-monster movie into a D-movie. We also watched Push with Chris Evans. Since I am wholly in the mood for a good urban fantasy it hit that niche for me nicely. 

On the work front, I have finished another chapter or two and I have another that's nearly done. Unfortunately, September is upon us which means my tendinitis is acting up again. Before anyone worries, it isn't bad and as a yearly event, I am finally getting an idea of how to deal with it. It means that I write until it starts acting up and then I have to take a break for a while. Expect to see a lot of art posts and me cheering my Japanese for a few weeks while my writing is slow. Despite that, I am getting a lot of work on this novel done and I don't currently think I'm going to be behind my schedule so long as I do still write rather than forsake everything for my art. It's always a challenge but one that I think I'm up for. 

And that's going to be it for this week since I can feel my wrist just starting to ache. Please, if you've read Lord's Curse don't forget to write up a review on Goodreads, Amazon, or wherever you bought it from. Those reviews really help with getting my work seen by more people. If you already have, please consider suggesting my book to friends if they're looking for a fun fantasy to read next. Every little bit helps! Thanks again, Readers! I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment