Books

Friday, September 6, 2019

Editing Snags

I have hit a snag in editing.

It isn't a severe issue, but it does mean that I'm going to have to do nearly 6k of re-writes. I'm about halfway done that now, but it did slow me down. I could have left the part as was and honestly, I did really like the original way it was written. Still, when one of my beta readers identified a potential problem, I looked at it closely and finally decided that they were correct. The piece wasn't wrong, per se, but it just wasn't that as emotionally connected as it could be. 

*Sigh*

I feel like I'm not meeting my goals for you guys, even though I am getting things done. I'm slow at editing, but I will get there.

Anyways though, I'm going to keep this update quick. I've got things in the backdrop that I'm working on... getting out the book, working on producing more jewellery, and getting more art ready for sale, hopefully ready for the holiday season, but otherwise just a pipe dream for now. What are your yearly goals? Do you feel like you're succeeding so far? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment