Books

Friday, February 12, 2021

Gong Hei Fat Choi!


Gong Hei Fat Choi!!!

Happy Lunar New Year! 

As a pagan who has an appreciation for other cultures and a love of holidays, I tend to end up celebrating a lot of things multiple times. For instance, today is the first day of the 2021 lunar new year. Being that I'm Pagan and put a lot of emphasis on the lunar/solar calendar, I celebrate it, usually by starting my spring cleaning (I swear, one day I will hear about it more than 2 hours before the date and will finish the cleaning beforehand like you're supposed to) and buying something red or something jade. When I have money, I'll treat friends to dinner or pick them up a little gift if I see something for them. I also celebrate the regular western new year, usually celebrated by reading for the evening and maybe going out for dinner with my husband and friends. I also celebrate the pagan new years on October 31st. While most of that day is filled with preparation for the upcoming Nanowrimo and maybe giving away Halloween candy to the local kids, my hubby and I usually end up going out for dinner if we can. If we find a stranger in need of food or a meal, we do our best to give them cash and buy them a meal. 

Basically, what this is saying is that I just love celebrating holidays. That probably comes with me being an Earth Goat in the Chinese zodiac. According to my horoscopes for this year (which as with any astrology thing, I follow till I forget about it in a few week's time) its going to be a year of improvement for me, which if nothing else means that I will be better equipped for the year afterward. While its a dim year for me, in almost every way but in the health department (which is amazing, but migraines will be a continuous issue if I read it right), it will be a better year than last business-wise, so long as I'm not trying to branch out into things I have no skill in. 

Do you celebrate the Lunar New Year? If so, how? And what is your Asian Astrology animal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment