Books

Friday, February 21, 2020

The Plan for the Next Month or So

It took just a little over two months to complete, but I'm finally done. Lord's Curse has been set back to my editor with all the changes that needed to be made settled in and I have to say that I'm really pleased with the way the story is going now. I knew there was a problem with the beginning when I sent it to her, but I couldn't see where. Now, the story is a hell of a lot tighter and way more awesome. I don't know how long it will take her to edit it, but I am looking forward to the break in editing.

What am I doing in the meantime? Well, the first thing on my docket is also the least writerly. The last month I started dropping off cleaning my office and in the last two weeks stopped cleaning in favour of editing altogether, other than the small things that I needed to do to keep my house functional. The end result is that my office had turned into a pigs sty. I had no less than 7 totes of random stuff sitting stuffed around my office, all filled with junk that just needed to be out of the way right then and every single surface that I can put things on has been stacked and packed with no rhyme or reason. Add to that the fact that my office cleaning had been put off from last year when I first brought up the desk from downstairs to be my new art desk and you're most of the way there. 
Not my office... though the amount of books is nearly correct. 
At this rate, it will take a few days of going through everything, deciding what's staying and what's going before I everything is at the level I want it organized. Let me know if you want a walk-through after it's all done. I can totally do pictures and set that all up for you. 

Other than that, I have a few writing things I'm working on. I have a short story my hubby requested of me, about a villain getting betrayed by his evil friends. I have book four of the Kitsune-Ken series to finish. I probably won't finish that before I get my novel back. I'm expecting to finish it during the Camp Nano writer event in April. The other thing I'm doing is these blogs and the technical writing for the Lord's Curse. I need a back cover copy, a few different ways to write it for advertising and all that. If I manage to get on a roll and all of that gets finished, I'll start working on either editing my novelette I finished a year and a half ago. Or maybe start editing book 3 and planning book 5... It feels like those will be so far in the future that I don't want to spend too much time figuring out what's up. 

Besides which, all of it could change in just a few minutes as soon as I get my novel back. The important things are to have the back cover copy and a few of the adverts ready for when I get it back. As soon as Lord's Curse is back in my hands, this is the final edit aside from the proofreading one, so everything will get put aside for it again. 

Either way, I'll keep you updated on where I am with getting that book out to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment