Books

Friday, February 28, 2020

I'm Lost in a Decadent Pool of Boredom... and Loving It

No seriously. I spend an hour or two each evening cleaning my office and then I spend the rest of my evening writing. I have added about 2k on Noble's Choice and 1000 or so on the short story for my husband. I had to read through my last nine chapters of Noble's Choice. So far, I've figured out where the plot is going and discovered that a character I thought was pivotal, may be cut from the story. Fortunately, that is a decision for future-me, once the story is written. I'm just under 60k now and the rough draft may hit 40k if the story keeps bloating like it has been. Not that any of it is unnecessary... it's just a lot that needs to happen in the book. Fortunately, if my rough draft goes over its fine. I can then look at whether it's bloated or if I just need to pare down on the side quests in favor of the main story. 
Here is a picture I totally did not draw this week of a decadent fish also doing nothing. Maybe I'll dray him playing Don't Starve Together with me for next week. Oh! Or I can do it digitally! That would be awesome.
The only other thing I've been doing is playing Don't Starve. Its been glorious to have a few hours a day to devote to my video game. I usually get no more than an hour or two to myself to play. So, it has been decadent to play for nearly 5 hours once. It was glorious. I've also been reading and cutting down that TBR pile, I have. I'm on my second book and loving it. I'm also still reading my way through one of my favorite book series, Red Winter by Annette Marie. I've talked about it on the blog before, but again, if you haven't picked it up, find it, because it rocks. 

And that's about it for this week. Next week, hopefully, I'll have something of more substance to talk about... if I don't find anything, I may put out the next update on the Norin religion. What has been keeping you busy this week? And what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment