Books

Friday, July 12, 2019

The First Days Back are Always the Hardest

... especially when you changed your sleep schedule for it. I was full of hope, ready to get back to work last week and yet, I am definitely not up to where I wanted to be working yet. Still, I have finished 15 more pages of the edit, which leaves me 85 to go. I'm not worried about getting it done yet, but I really do need to get to work on it, if that makes sense. That said, I'm going to keep this one short this week. 

Last Sunday was my second signing and despite a few hickups, it went swimmingly. I sold a few copies, I had the poster of my cover in their window all day. I got to talk to more than a few people and get the lay of the land. I didn't sell quite as many novels as I'd originally guessed, but I had forgotten to account for the fact that it was the first weekend of Stampede which, again, made for a quiet weekend for the location. Still, despite that, I really enjoyed myself. The staff was great, as well. 





In very interesting news, I started my first advertising campaign for Hunter's Gambit. Hopefully, I'll have some interesting factoids for you once it's over and I have some information to compare it to. Also, hopefully, it will get Hunter's Gambit out there and a few more reviews. Before I move on from this point, I'll remind everyone that if you've read my novel, reviews really help, even if you're going to give me a low star rating or your entire review is "I really liked it". Amazon specifically, but other places as well, use those reviews to decide if they start working to share your stuff with others. Please, if you want to help me out, leave a review. 

And I think that's where I'll end this week. Next week, I think I'll jump back into religion... so which religion of Hunter's Gambit would you like me to talk about next? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment