Books

Friday, March 29, 2019

Who's a Good Boy?

I am not as much of a video gamer as I appear. I know all the jokes, but I rarely actually play the games. I'm not much of a fan of MMO's or RPG's unless its a JRPG. I have fallen in love with Pokemon since I bought my Switch and got the Pokeball to go with it and I can probably kick your ass Zuma's revenge. I fell in love with Terreria for a while, but as with everything, I eventually put it aside. 

Which is why when one of my friends offered me a free copy of Don't Starve, I originally declined. He'd told me about the game, but I couldn't imagine it being fun, and even if it was, I didn't want him to essentially waste a free game coupon on me. Still, later that year there was a sale and I ended up picking up a copy. 

That was a few years back, but I now have nearly a thousand hours between Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. I went out of my way to figure out how to install mods onto my games so that I could add characters to the line up. Its the one game that I go back to every four or five months and then play into oblivion until I just can't do it anymore. 

And they released a new character yesterday (Thursday, March 28). 

I was excited as hell for it when I found out on Tuesday, but waking up with a sore throat, and aching muscles and feeling like I'm suffering real-life lag, I didn't even bother to wait and picked up the new character as soon as I could. 


This Good Boy is Wortox, wearing a set of gold bracelets that I received from one of the treasure boxes in the game. He is adorable and looks like a demonic puppy, which I find adorable. He eats the souls of the dead and uses them to do things like teleport short distances away. He's got pretty good health, but it's still going to take me a while to get used to playing him. 

While I was buying him (you can purchase him using in-game points too, but there was no way I was going to wait that long to play him), I also picked up all of his skins and the fire skins for Willow and Wendi while I was at it. I can't wait to try playing them again either, now. The picture just below is of my favourite skin of his, the Uncorrupted. 



So, yeah... expect to see me a bit less over the next few days, while I play this Good Boy for a while and try to not starve (though honestly, at this point, its always the big fights that end up killing me). What video games do you love playing? Do you know how many hours you've actually played them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment