Books

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Do You Want to Read an Update? It Isn't Just an Update...

          Wow, I did not realize that ten days had passed since my last post. I should have, but this cold I caught has driven me to the brink of exhaustion. So, I apologize for that. I'm finally getting better and so I figured I should really get on with my next post. Which is part self-congratulations and part gift from me to you.

          First off, a quick update on my plans from now to the end of the year. My novel has been self-edited and sent to my beta-readers. First responses have been overall positive, with one asking me flat-out when the sequel would be ready. I'm hoping to have full comments from them in the next day or so which will allow me to go through it once more before I send it to a professional editor to go over.

          Yes, I have arranged for time with an editor for Hunter in early November. I don't know how long that process will take overall, but given any chance, I'm hoping to have it out and available for Christmas this year. It will depend on a lot of factors and with this being my first time going through the process, I could be severely underestimating the time needed for it. In any event, as soon as I have news on that front, I'll let you know. I'm hoping to give you as much time as possible to get excited for its release before it comes out!

          I will also be working on a new novel for Nanowrimo, the third book in my Kitsune-Ken series (I wrote the second earlier this year). I'm expecting it to be another 65-75k words, so I'll probably have to finish it in December (though I'll be a Nano-rebel and start it early if I have it ready before November 1rst).

          For those of you planning on doing Nanowrimo with me, I got bored a few months ago and put this together.



          The picture is from Frozen, though I'm uncertain of who originally created this version. If you find out, please let me know so I can attribute it correctly. You can customize it pretty much however you want to match your total, the year or whatever. My idea was to use it as a single sheet to keep you motivated since you update it daily. Really however you decide to use it, just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment